Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Ain't"

This week one of my first graders came up to me and said that his classmate said a bad word. So, I asked him to tell me what that bad word was. Sometimes, they think something is a bad word, but it really isn't what we, as adults, believe to be bad words (like dumb, shut up, etc). I still address those, but I needed to know if it was a 'real' bad word. So, he told me she said, "Ain't." I told him that it wasn't a bad word. He said, "My mom says it's a bad word." So, I told him it is not good English and isn't a 'real' word, but 'ain't isn't a bad word. I thought it was cute, and yes, funny on what came "Out of the Mouth of Babes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.