Saturday, April 24, 2010

"It Bit Me!"

If you know me, you may know that I am ABSOLUTELY PETRIFIED of rodents or ANYTHING that can crawl over my feet. I mean VERY scared!
Well, this week, a student brought a hamster in, for her third grade class; they have been studying animals. Well, I wanted my kids to see the hamster. So, as a "good", educational teacher, I picked it up, yes, I picked it up. I held it, so each child could pet it. As I was doing so, guess what! It BIT me!! I mean, it drew blood. It hurt! Of course, my children laughed at me. I immediately put the hamster (the mean hamster!) in its cage. To add insult to injury, I was told by the owners that the hamster has never bit anyone before. I guess I am special! :-)
So, I wanted to share our unique and to some (not me!) the funny experience that my "babes" got to see--I got to feel. Ouch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.