Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Japan"

If you know me and if I am comfortable with you, I am a talker. I enjoy talking. Well, my students get that from me. Even though they are little, they LOVE to talk. Lately, they have been quite "chatty." Not as much with each other but with me. They want to tell me EVERYTHING. They love to tell me what is going on with them and their families. One boy is having a birthday party in a couple of weeks, and he wanted to tell me what it is all going to be like. I have one girl, especially this week, who will just tell me the most random things. If I'm not careful, we could spend a lot of the day talking and not learning. That would not be a good thing!
The worst time for this is during reading group time. This is a time where there is about 5-7 children and me. So, it is a smaller group. If we have a couple of extra minutes, I do let them share something, it is important for them to talk. I want them to know they can talk to me. I want them to know if something is really bothering them, they have someone they can go to. That is important to me! Well, yesterday, some were sharing. They got to talking. It was time to go. I told them that we had to go(we are on a tight schedule). I said something to the affect we have to stop to talking and have to go learn something. Go figure we have to learn something at school. Who thought of that? One kid-- without missing a beat, said, "Japan!" I laughed. So, I guess it is Japan's fault that we have to learn in school! I thought it was funny and must share what came "Out of the Mouth of Babes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.