Sunday, April 5, 2009

"...Drives Planes"

This story may not be one of the funniest entries that came from "out of the mouth of babes." But, I did think it is cute, and I'm posting it in honor of one of my friends, who will know who it is when they read it.
One of my reading groups was reading words that have two syllables and the vowel before consonant which begins the second syllable is long. Well, one of the words they had to read was "pilot." If the students have words to read that they may not normally speak in their everyday talk, I try to see if they know what it means and explain it to them if they do not. I asked them if they knew what a pilot was. I was curious to see what they would say. I was pretty sure they have heard of one. But, I wanted to see how they would explain it to me. They said, yes. One of the kids said, "A pilot is someone that drives planes." I corrected the child and said pilots fly planes not drive them. It was cute and made me smile. I wanted to share what came "Out of the Mouth of Babes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.