Saturday, October 17, 2009

"I Guess (child's name) Wants to Hold All the Girls Hands"

It has been rainy here the last couple of days. So when it is rainy, we have rainy day recess at school. I try to use a variety of games for my kids to play. Well, on Thursday, we played my version of "hot potato." I have the kids first stand in a circle and hold hands. I do this to help them form a circle. Then, they sit down. I put music in, usually a Patch the Pirate music cd. The kids have to pass this stuff animal around the circle. When the music stops, whoever has the stuffed animal is out! They loved this game!!! They laughed almost constantly. They thought it was funny when someone got out.
On one of the turns to start a new game, the kids were getting in a circle and held hands to help form a circle. Well, there were three kids standing beside each other. One little girl reached around another girl to grab a little boy's hand, and the boy moved beside her and just smiled and held her hand. I looked at the boy (he's also the son of a good friend of mine), and I just smiled and looked at him. He looked at me and said, "What?" I guess he was wondering why I was staring at him. You see, I remember holding him when he was like a day old. So, it was funny and weird for me to see him act like this.
Well, the kids played that round of the game. It was time for another round to start. The same boy went around and looked (almost searched) and then held hands with another girl. I again just looked at him in surprise. The new girl he was holding hands with said, "I guess (child's name) wants to hold all the girls hands." (I don't use the names of my kids in the blog that is why I just used "child's name.") It was hilarious!!! I had to laugh and so did my kids. It was precious! I had to share with you on what a "babe" did and what came "Out of the Mouth of Babes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.