Saturday, October 17, 2009

"No, it's mine"

This week, on Thursday, I kept hearing a noise during class. It wasn't an annoying noise, but I just couldn't figure out what it was. That was what the annoying part to me was. I finally asked my kids if they heard the noise. I wanted to make sure Miss Pregony wasn't going crazy!! Praise the Lord I'm not; they heard the noise, too. :-) I even checked my cell phone to make sure it wasn't my phone, even though I'm usually pretty good at turning the sound off. Well, it wasn't my phone. I thought maybe it was a noise that was coming from outside by the trees. Maybe a child lost a toy at AWANAS the night before and that was making the noise. I even asked my kids if they had a toy in their pocket or something. They didn't! So, the mystery noise still existed!
Well, after lunch, I asked the second grade teacher if she had heard noise during the day, again thinking maybe it was coming from outside. Well, after lunch and restroom break, we went back to class to have an arithmetic test. I still heard the noise! So, after the test before I did the oral part of the test, I told the kids I was going to check book bags to see if anyone had a toy that was making the noise. So, I checked the book bags. One of the first ones I looked in had a cell phone in it. I told her that she had her mom's cell phone. She said, "No, it's mine." I was like "What? You have a cell phone when you are six?" She said, "I'm five." Oh my, I have a five year old that has a cell phone. I had to have her show me how to "unlock" her phone, and I realized she had a voicemail from her grandma. That's why the phone was making the noise. Of course, I turned the phone off. But, I thought it was quite interesting and definitely eventful!! To be honest, it was funny, too. I had to share my eventful first grade experience (which was a first for me!-- a five year old having a cell phone) that a "babe" did and what came "Out of the Mouth of Babes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.