Monday, June 1, 2009

From the Heart of a Teacher

School is now over for me. This is a happy and sad time. I had told my kids for about the last two weeks of school when we were counting the days, that it was a happy/sad time. It truly was! It is happy because summer is here; however, it is sad because I have said goodbye to my kids. I've always loved teaching! I am so thankful for the love God has given me for teaching. I cannot imagine doing anything else. I know I have mentioned it several times on this blog, but children truly are my life!

I have just finished my seventh year teaching, which is hard to believe. Most of those years have been great. There has only been one year that was truly not good, and that was partly due to personal sorrow (the year of my dad's passing when I was "empty"). The other years have been great. This year that I just finished has been probably been my best or tied for the best year I have had.

This class is so much fun! They have so much personality! You all that have been reading my blog have been able to get a small glimpse of how great they are. I wish you could meet these kids. I hope that you have laughed with me, been touched with me, and perhaps been even "moved" with me.

The biggest thing this class has impressed upon me is their spiritual sensitivity. I have loved watching them "grow." I have loved listening them pray and share their requests. I have shared requests with them, my personal requests, and they pray for them. I have asked them to pray for my cousin who has cancer, and I have been told by parents that they go home and pray for her. I have asked them to pray for my friend's friend to get saved, and they have. They really do care! It is so encouraging to me even at this young age, that these children care so much about the things of the Lord. I hope and pray that doesn't change as they get older.

These kids truly have a special place in my heart. I truly love them and, yes, I already do miss them. I miss their smiles, hugs, and even their silliness. I miss their jewelry talks- from my "girly" girls. I miss their crazy "treasure hunts" and jumping on the swings.
You see, yes, I was their teacher. But, you have to remember, I had these kids for 7 hours a day for 175 days. They are like my kids. That is why I am so sappy, today. I do love them and miss them. I wanted to share with you not just what babes do but what is coming not from "Out of the mouth of babes" but from "the heart of the teacher."

Since school is over, I may not be blogging as much. I will be working at a daycare this summer with children around the same age. So, I'm sure I will have some stories to tell. I will continue to work and serve in my church with the children, so I'm sure that will give me stories, too. But, I wanted to close up my school year with a final entry. I hope you enjoyed reading these entries as much as I have enjoyed sharing them with you! I wish you all a blessed summer. I hope you can experience some personal joy in hearing on what comes "Out of the Mouth of Babes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.