Monday, June 1, 2009

"Snake and Tell"

I mentioned in a previous post that I am a "girly" girl. With being a "girly" girl, I hate snakes! My kids know that. They were laughing at me! I, basically, hate anything that can crawl over my feet. Well, one of my students brought a snake skin in to school to show the class. Even though I personally do not like stuff like that, I thought for educational purposes, I should let him show them. So, he took it out and showed them. The kids loved it..... even the girls. I measured it, without touching it, it was 4 1/2 feet long. The kids enjoyed it so much! Almost all of them touched it, even my girls. I just wanted to share with you a neat experience that my "babes" got to have. I also am including some pictures of the snake skin. Hope you enjoy it!

My student holding the snake skin.
The snake skin on my reading group chairs. Look how long it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.