Monday, June 15, 2009

"If I could go anywhere...."

As I mentioned in an earlier post, during the summer I work at a daycare. I am working with children that just finished kindergarten and some that just finished first grade. It is a great age! Today, Monday, June 15, 2009, was my first day. It was a pretty good day. I've learned I will have my work "cut" out for me with some of the boys, especially. However, I think we will have a good summer, once we get to know each other.
Today, the children had to write a journal entry about "If I could go anywhere...." They had to finish that sentence and tell me why they chose that place. I told them to pick any place they wanted to go and to pretend they had as much money as they needed to get there. I gave them an example of where I would and why I want to go there.
Well, three of my girls wrote about the same place for the same reason. I don't have their stories with me. But, I will paraphrase. They said, If I could go anywhere, I would go to New York. So, I can go shopping with my friends.
I loved that! I agree totally! They are my "girly girls!" That made me smile! I wanted to share what came "Out of the Mouth of Babes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.