Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hard Work Pays Off !!!

At the daycare, I have a cool opportunity to go swimming with my kids two times a week. So, I get paid to be in the pool for an hour and a half, two times a week. I have a hard job, don't I? :-) Well, actually, in some other respects I do. But, I have a pool story I want to share with you.

This week has been a very hard week for me at the daycare. I have a couple of boys, that I have mentioned in a prior post, that are quite challenging. I haven't given up on them. I won't! I've told them that we are a team, and we will work together through their anger management issues because I have two boys that cannot control their anger. It is pretty sad! I am determined that God has placed me there for a reason this summer to help them and be a blessing to them even though it is hard and challenging for me.

Well on Friday, we were in the pool. I have this one little boy who is five years old. He is about the cutest thing you've seen! He is small in size with longer blonde, curly hair. He is adorable! He also has beautiful bright blue eyes! Like I said, he's adorable!! He's the same boy that I mentioned in the previous post about not going to a country. :-)

Well... back to the pool, he cannot swim. When we are in the pool, he hangs on to pool noodles. He decided yesterday that he was going to practice swimming. So, he would hold his breath under water for a while.; he was so proud of himself. Then, he would ask me hold on to the noodles and pull them while he kicked. After that, I got rid of the noodles and just held his hands while he kicked. He said, "Miss Heather, don't let me go!" Of course, I wouldn't! He kept practicing. He said, I just can't blow bubbles with my nose under water.

Well, while we were in the water, he kept trying to swim. He didn't give up. By the end, he was swimming!! He doesn't have it down perfect, but he did it. I was so proud of him. He didn't give up! I had so much fun helping him and watching him achieve his goal. It was a great end of a hard week for me. It brought joy at the end of a hard week! It reminded me how fun it is to watch children learn and be happy. I needed that. I am thankful that God gave me this little reminder on Friday afternoon! I wanted to share with you the joy of hard work of what a "babe" did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.