Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"BFF"

I am one who doesn't have "best friends." I have some really close friends. Well, today, one of my girl students handed me a piece of paper in the shape of a heart. On the heart, she wrote BFF. I asked her what this meant. I did know what it meant, but I wanted her to tell me. So, she told me it meant Best Friends Forever. I then asked her when did this happen. "When did I become your best friend?" She said, "Last year." I told her that I didn't know her last year. Then she said, "At the beginnng of first grade, when I met you." So, I am a BFF of a six year old. It was sweet! I took the little heart paper and taped it to my phone. I showed it to her. It was such a sweet gesture that came "Out of the Mouth of Babes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.