Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Proposal

A friend of mine called me tonight. She has two sons- 7 and 5. I taught the oldest one in first grade, and I have the youngest one in K-4 Sunday School. I also have occasionaly watched them while their parents have gone out. They are great boys! She called me to tell me the youngest one has made a decision.

Well, for several months he has been saying he was going to marry his Nana. His parents told him he can't marry her because she is already married. So lately, he has named a new wife for himself. He told his mom that he is going to marry Miss Pregony! That's me! So, I got a proposal tonight! :-) It's the best one I've had (not to say it is the only one I've had).

There is more, not only did I get "engaged", I found out that he wants to be the President of the United States. So, I am going to be First Lady, too. He knows the President lives in the White House in D.C. (which is one of my favorite places- so that is cool!). So, he is excited about that. His mom told him that they will have to go stay with him when he is the President and living in the White House. He told her that they can't because Miss Pregony will be my wife and will live there with me. Talk about an awesome night of good news I had!

He told his mom that he is going to marry me when Miss Pregony grows up. How cute! So, I don't know when that will be :-). I thought that my proposal was cute, and I wanted to share what came "Out of the Mouth of Babes."

3 comments:

  1. I tell you, I missing checking your blog for just a few days, and you have a flood of recent posts! I really enjoy your shares!
    First, Congratulations on your proposal! ;)
    That is so preciously sweet!

    Love,
    Mrs. "Q:"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the congrats! :-) I probably should have e-mailed you with my "excitng news" instead of you finding out on the blog. Sorry! :-)
    It was quite funny! It is/was very precious!
    Thanks for reading! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,
    I love all of your stories; thanks for sharing!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.