Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"It's Alive"

This story doesn't have anything to do with me. I did not hear the children; however, the teacher told me this. This story is about a second grader. I taught this child last year. One of the second grade teacher's students told her at lunch that this boy had a shell in his lunch box. She said, "Ok." She just told them to go eat. I would have done the same thing. They kept telling her about the shell. Finally, one student said, "It's Alive! Its' moving." Well, the teacher looked at it, and it was a hermit crab. The child brought his hermit crab to school in his lunch box. He said he poked holes in the baggie, so that it would be able to breathe. I thought this was hilarious! It is something "babes" do.

Update: February 26, 2009

I talked to the boy who brought his hermit crab to school yesterday. I asked him what his mother said. He told me he got grounded. When he was asked about the hermit crab, he said he thinks it is o-kay because it was moving. I just wanted to update you on this story. Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.