Friday, February 27, 2009

Good News

I heard some really good news today. Remember, I have the privilege to teach in a Christian school. I am so thankful for that opportunity. This morning in my first reading group, one of my boy students said, "I got saved last night." I was so happy to hear it! Once in a while after teaching Bible class, I have my kids close their eyes and raise their hands if they aren't saved. His hands have gone up for several days. So, I've been praying for him specifically for his salvation. After he told me he got saved, I asked him questions about it and what he did. I believe he fully understands. I was so excited! I asked him if I could hug him. It was so AWESOME to hear that good news. Praise the Lord!! I am so thankful that the Lord can hear the sinner's prayer that comes from "Out of the Mouth of Babes."

I also am humbled by the Lord not only answering my prayer, but He is answering the prayer of my kids. My kids can see it! It is so exciting! I have one student who has not been doing well lately with getting his seatwork done during seatwork time. If the kids don't finish their seatwork during seatwork time, then the kids have to do it during recess. This one boy has had that happen for the past several days. I've been praying that he will do better and get his work done. Well, today he finished his work during seatwork time and was able to have full recess. So, I said to him that I was proud of him for finishing his work. One of my little girls raised her hand and told me that she prayed for this boy last night asking God to help him finish his work so he could have recess. She saw an answer to her prayer! I told her that I prayed for him, too. It was awesome and exciting for me to see that my kids can see answered prayers that come from "Out of the Mouth of Babes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.