Sunday, May 24, 2009

What Matters to Us, Matters to God!

These past several months have been amazing in my class regarding the spiritual aspect. This class is spiritually sensitive. They get excited about praying for others and seeing prayers answered. It is exciting for me!
One thing the Lord has been teaching me, therefore, I've been sharing with my kids, is that what matters to us matters to God. I am so thankful for that! So, I tell them if it is important to us, we need to share it with God because He cares about it, and it is important to Him.
Remember, I teach first grade. One big thing to happen to first graders is that they lose teeth. I have a student who has not lost a tooth, yet. She has had a loose tooth for a few weeks, now.
So, we've been praying for her to lose that tooth before the school year is out. Well, this past week, she came to school with one less tooth! The kids were excited to see that! I know this may sound silly to you, but it really is exciting to see the children get excited. I am even hearing from parents that their child is going home and praying for requests like for this child to lose her tooth. That is exciting to me! It is exciting to see prayers answered from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I am so proud and privileged to be a part of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'm excited to see your thoughts about my stories from "Out of the Mouth of Babes." I hope you enjoyed reading.